Losi 5ive Forum  

Go Back   Losi5iveForum > Losi 5ive Advertisers > Modified-RC

Modified RC sealed and booted brake discs

Discussion in Modified-RC forum, started by Modified RC.

Old 05-15-2016, 09:12 PM
L5F Senior Member

Burges is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by david1970 View Post
I just bought modified rc sealed boot brake kit ...im having some issues with the screws on the brake rotors backing out .Ive seen a post on a guys drilling set screws in the sides of mount but really dont want to do that mod ....i was hoping someone found a better way. .ive tryed lock tight but no go on that ...maybe thread tape that you use on pipes from stopping it backing out any ideas or suggestions will be appreciated

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

How about longer screws and thin but on he inside of the diff tower.
Old 05-16-2016, 11:54 AM

Modified RC is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by david1970 View Post
I just bought modified rc sealed boot brake kit ...im having some issues with the screws on the brake rotors backing out .Ive seen a post on a guys drilling set screws in the sides of mount but really dont want to do that mod ....i was hoping someone found a better way. .ive tryed lock tight but no go on that ...maybe thread tape that you use on pipes from stopping it backing out any ideas or suggestions will be appreciated

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
You have two options, first is to use longer bolts with nuts on the inside to lock the brake bolts in place, like this pic shows:
[/URL]

Second option is to use longer bolts, but install them from the inside, and use nuts on the outside, like this pic shows:
[/URL]
Old 10-01-2016, 09:33 PM
L5F Senior Member

Art Henk is on a distinguished road

Modified RC - Lots of questions...

How thick is the disc itself? Looks about the same as a stock 5IVE-T disc from the pics.

Wondering if I could somehow use them with MIP pads or the Losi pads that are on the new 5IVE-B. The MIP and Losi discs are probably like half the thickness as your discs.

There probably wouldn't be any gap left in between the pads unless I make longer standoffs.

Any thoughts about producing another version that is thinner in order to work with other systems?

Any reason I couldn't just slap them in the lathe and thin them out a little if need be?

Has anyone had any issue fitting them on other brand outdrives besides just the stock Losi ones? Team Chase or FLM perhaps?
Old 10-02-2016, 09:08 AM

Modified RC is on a distinguished road

Hey Art,

The discs are 1/8 inch thick.

You can probably use them with the thinner pads, but like you said longer standoffs would be required.

To make them thinner would probably require a different material other than aluminum, I don't have any plans on making a thinner version.

It would be very hard to thin them out on a lathe, the ends of the discs are very thin and would easily get distorted when chucking on them.

I have not heard of any fitting issues using my brake discs with other brand outdrives.

Have a great day, and let me know if you have any more questions.