Losi 5ive Forum  

Go Back   Losi5iveForum > Losi 5ive Forum > Losi 5ive Electronics

Spektrum S9020 steering servo opinions

Discussion in Losi 5ive Electronics forum, started by coolas4k.

Old 02-28-2016, 05:35 PM

coolas4k is on a distinguished road
Default Spektrum S9020 steering servo opinions

So who's bought one of these bad boys yet? I'm keen to hear how you guys are finding it, good or bad 😊

Old 02-28-2016, 05:49 PM
L5F Senior Member

gasser is on a distinguished road

Ordering one today from DDM. My friend Dano runs one and can't say enough about how great it holds.
Old 02-28-2016, 07:24 PM

magicpie is on a distinguished road

I've had one installed for about 3 months, and been pretty happy with it. Installed without issue and certainly strong enough to deal with whatever it encounters. I hardest part is setting the servo saver from coming into play too soon.
Old 02-29-2016, 12:18 AM

rcr1978 is on a distinguished road

I was wondering how these are fairing, I had some on per order for almost a year, got tired of waiting so I got something else.
Old 02-29-2016, 01:49 AM

wilson1911 is on a distinguished road

I put one in my losi. I would say it is much better than stock. I do not find myself cranking the wheel from one end to the other like the stock servo.

I am new to the losi and only drove with the stock servo for 2 tanks before replacing with this. My thoughts on the stocker was....yuck, are you kidding me ??? It allows more of a driving feel of the truck instead of slapping end point to end point. You can oversteer to some degree, with a small amount of correction.

I would give it a small amount or push into a corner. This will of course be dependent on how your truck is setup. I am still trying to learn that part of it. I am running 30/100/10 atm and find on throttle steering to be quite good.

On pavement I can crank from left to right doing burnouts WO in rotating directions with no problem. There is not much delay in swinging the ass end around. The stock servo seemed very lazy....as if wanting to drive forward a bit....then turn so your entry into the spinning burnout would make more of a figure 8 I guess. I can stay within a 3 foot circle wide open changing directions. with the 9020.

Stock = molasses on the wheel
9020/7.4 lipo = I just drank a large redbull.....rockin it hard.

Motor is a stock G320 with victory pipe. BR 32 pipe will be here tomorrow. I expect it to be even better after I mount it up. I think this is the best upgrade I have done so far. I bought the truck used and had to go thru the whole thing.

Nothing is going to beat the hitech 1k, but this is very good imho.
Old 02-29-2016, 02:54 AM
L5F Junior Member

anixie is on a distinguished road

got one but didn't install yet...
Old 02-29-2016, 01:07 PM
L5F Senior Member

Dano is on a distinguished road

I've been running the 9020 on steering for a couple months. By far better steering than the stock servo, the Savox 0236, or the dual set up I used to run. Was never willing to take the plunge on the big hitec set up after going the expensive dual servo route early on. So far, this servo has served me well and has been well worth what I paid for it. It's plug in and play too which is nice. Will be interested to see how long it holds up.
Old 02-29-2016, 02:18 PM
L5F Senior Member

PegLeg is on a distinguished road

I spoke with a sponsored racer who's been using prototypes prior to release. The initial one he received crapped out, but the two subsequent servos held up (and as far as I know, still are). I'd say it's worth looking into as an alternative to the stock servo if the giant Hitec setup is out of reach.
Old 02-29-2016, 05:59 PM
L5F Senior Member

Art Henk is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by PegLeg View Post
I spoke with a sponsored racer who's been using prototypes prior to release. The initial one he received crapped out, but the two subsequent servos held up (and as far as I know, still are). I'd say it's worth looking into as an alternative to the stock servo if the giant Hitec setup is out of reach.
Alex might be talking about me...

The very first S9010 and S9020 I got for beta testing 12 months ago didn't last long. Keep in mind these were early test units and certainly do not represent the current production servos in any way.

I currently have three S9010's and three S9020's. All six of them are still running strong! I have tested them in pretty much all conditions. Racing, bashing, big air, grass, street, etc.

The production units are very nice servos and I wouldn't hesitate to put them in any large scale vehicle. Not to mention you can get two of them for less than the price of one Hitec.
Old 02-29-2016, 06:53 PM
L5F Senior Member

gasser is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art Henk View Post
Alex might be talking about me...

The very first S9010 and S9020 I got for beta testing 12 months ago didn't last long. Keep in mind these were early test units and certainly do not represent the current production servos in any way.

I currently have three S9010's and three S9020's. All six of them are still running strong! I have tested them in pretty much all conditions. Racing, bashing, big air, grass, street, etc.

The production units are very nice servos and I wouldn't hesitate to put them in any large scale vehicle. Not to mention you can get two of them for less than the price of one Hitec.
Good to hear. Please explain the difference between the 9010 (recommended for throttle) and the 9020 (rec. for steering). Does 9020 have more torque and 9010 more speed?