Losi 5ive Forum  

Go Back   Losi5iveForum > Losi 5ive Forum > Losi 5ive General Forum

Holy cow the losi is tough

Discussion in Losi 5ive General Forum forum, started by sick 5ive.

Old 08-07-2012, 06:56 PM

Default Holy cow the losi is tough

I was just running my losi 5ive and was going balls to the wall with a obr 30.5 full mod and i hit he only post on a 4 acre field, just my luck. It was a 5 inch wood pole and it stopped the losi in a split sec and i heard a massive crack sound and of course i thought the worst. Upon exception there is no damage what so ever just a little crack where the pod lights mount. So far very impressed with my losi.

Old 08-07-2012, 10:46 PM

I agree they are tough. These trucks take a lot of maintenance but with the flat bottom chassis, center diff, they are easy to work on, especially compared to the baja.
Old 10-01-2012, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by westview450 View Post
I agree they are tough. These trucks take a lot of maintenance but with the flat bottom chassis, center diff, they are easy to work on, especially compared to the baja.
I heard these Losi trucks were lower of the maintenancing trucks, lol...? I'm about to order mine as my arm is paralyzed and this seems my best option to work on one handed. Trying to understand what you mean by high maintenance.
Old 10-01-2012, 05:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swampking View Post
I heard these Losi trucks were lower of the maintenancing trucks, lol...? I'm about to order mine as my arm is paralyzed and this seems my best option to work on one handed. Trying to understand what you mean by high maintenance.
Compared to the like's of a baja, more maintance on the losi because it as more diffs, more shaft, more brakes.
But unlike the baja it's not all cramped up in a small space, so working in them is easy.

Sent from the Iphone via talktapa
Old 10-01-2012, 06:37 PM
Contributor ALL

I agree, it's a VERY tough truck, WAY less issues than my previous experiences with Baja 5b. MUCH easier to work on too. Good luck and have fun!!!
Old 10-03-2012, 09:54 AM

Sweet, thanks guys. The reason im opting for gas is still to have a little bit of maintenance. :-). Just don't want the bs that comes with nitro like weather, ect... I like the fact we have 3diffs. This company that imma get my losi from ....I'm ordering with the upgraded motor 30.5 cc. I'm not going with the reed setup though. They have a 2speed prototype on one of their Losi's. About to be offered to public so that'll be my next upgrade with dual servos, pipe, some differential tuning.